Website Multiform Human Development
An industry leader in the Plastic packing sector, which is based in the GAUTENG PROVINCE and within the Clayville area, is recruiting for an experienced and skilled Mechanical / Industrial Engineer.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to fully support and assist the Operations Manager at the Johannesburg factory to not only manage daily operational activities across several departments but also administer and execute several projects spread out across these departments. These departments include Raw Material & Stock Control, Extrusion, Thermoforming, Printing, Packaging, despatch of FG’s and Granulators (Recycling). The incumbent will be expected to provide expert support with Ad-Hoc projects which might occur elsewhere in the factory/site.
Furthermore, the incumbent will have a strong focus on continuous improvement of processes/methods to ensure the company increases its profitability through effective workflows, productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency as well as the reduction of costs through the successful implementation of continuous improvement projects. In the absence of the methods, the incumbent shall be able to identify the shortfalls, devise action plans to resolve (temporary and permanently), develop long term solutions and successfully execute these proposed solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Technical Key Performance Areas
- Support Operations Manager and ensure that all facilities are managed and operated within compliance to the required SHE regulations and performance benchmark.
- Technically competent with the ability to manage, motivate, develop, and train staff within several departments.
- Ensure project team members are fully trained in the applicable and relevant methods
- Able to participate in project teams and supporting other relevant organisational departments.
- Relationship building ability.
- Good knowledge and experience of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), SHE Regulations and/or Food safety regulations (BRC, HACCP, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 or GFSI recognised).
- Identify the scope of the intended study, stages of study, milestones, and savings/improvements as well as time frames within which the project must be completed.
- Provide continuous feedback on the status of projects,
- Develop, update, and maintain a continuous improvement charts reflecting the progress and success of continuous improvement.
- Continually strive to deliver solutions through teamwork that ensures continuous improvement through innovative solutions.
- Participate in sustainability, continuous improvement, and process optimization projects as delegated.
- Implement systems and procedures in production whenever changes occur with new processes, equipment and regulations and ensure that the current systems and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Support the Production in the development and/or updating of verification plans, test procedures and test environments related to the evolution and customization of products,
- Oversee and/or assist with introducing/transferring new processes into the various manufacturing facilities and ensure that all staff are appropriately trained to run these processes.
- Ensure inter and intra department cohesion and teamwork in alignment with company values, culture, and work ethic.
- Must be able to work within a non-structured environment, BUT with the ability to create a structured and well controlled group of systems and/or procedures.
- Establish world class best practice and implement changes to achieve these in the mentioned areas.
- Provide guidance and support for commissioning and operational qualification / re-qualification of equipment/systems.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Experience (minimum required before being considered for the position)
- The successful incumbent must possess at least seven (7+) years’ experience, preferably in FMCG industry
- Sound technical ability and hands on approach
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and continuous improvement
- Previous experience in a multi-disciplinary environment is a must
- Exposure and experience working within a labour-intensive environment consisting of different cultures and backgrounds is a must
- B.Eng or B.Tech in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial) Degree
- Experience in plastic/packaging/container industry will be a distinct advantage
- Lean Six Sigma certification (any level) will receive preference
Behavioural Key Performance Areas
- Analytical Thinker,
- Proactive decision maker,
- Problem solving orientated,
- Effective planning in a fast-moving production environment,
- Communication (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
Package & Remuneration
Approximately R840 000.00 per annum
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to undergo psychometric testing and background screening. Applicants who fulfil the abovementioned requirements are invited to apply for the position by following the link:
and registering your application on-line. Applications which are done by means of email or fax will not be considered.
For more information, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.placementpartner.co.za.