Food and Beverages Manufacturing Sector Education and Training Authority (FoodBev SETA)
Food and Beverages Manufacturing Sector Education and Training Authority (FoodBev SETA) is a schedule 3A Public entity established in terms of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
Manager (in the office of the CEO)
Department: Executive Office
Report: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of position
• The official will be responsible for the management and coordination of the CEO office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency for the entire organization. In addition, the official will be required to serve as an executive assistant and perform a wide range of administrative and personal support activities to the CEO.
• Organize daily work orientation related to the CEO’s office to achieve the best use of available resources and time of the CEO
• Provide overall support to Senior Management Team on projects as and when required by the CEO.
Roles and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the ones listed herein)
• Develop and manage the operational plan of the CEOs office and ensure implementation and monitoring thereof
• Provide administrative support to the CEO in order to ensure the CEOs schedule is managed effectively
• Manage the arrangement of all meetings, interviews, visits, projects and activities pertaining to the office of CEO
• Manage diary and meetings and provide secretarial services to all CEO meetings and engagements
• Develop and/or review submissions and reports to and from the CEO
• Prepare presentations and talking notes on behalf of the CEO
• In consulting, with corporate service or stakeholder management units, manage all CEO’s public interviews, both internal and external
• Prepare and manage all communications to and from the CEO’s office
• Manage escalations and ensure their prompt resolve
• Manage and oversee the CEO’s budget and procurement plan
• Be responsible for risk, compliance and fraud that pertains to the office of the CEO
• Follow-up and ensure complete implementation of board and its committee resolutions
• Follow-up on all outstanding matters and instructions from the CEO to Management
• Manage all projects required by the CEO by using the principles of good project management body of knowledge
• Manage all records and document in the office of the CEO and ensure there is an efficient document management system
• Be responsible for ICT environment of the CEO and serve as a primary liaising with IT and other support departments
• Coordinate all logistics and prepare materials, meeting pack for all CEO’s engagement
• Management of staff in the office of the CEO.
• Manage CEO’s travel in its entirely, including coordination of CEO travel itineraries, flights, accommodation, transportation etc as per the CEO’s requirements
• Review and reconcile CEO’s travel invoices, allowances and payments in a timely manner
• Continually monitor the flow of information going in and out of the CEO’s office.
• Review, prioritize, direct, edit, and delegate a wide variety of complex and confidential requests (incoming memos, submissions and reports) that are presented to the CEO for consideration.
• Serve as a first point of contact to respond, screen and transfer calls as well as receiving of visitors to the CEO
• Be responsible for all vendor management which include development of terms of reference, ordering and receiving of equipment and suppliers, managing service levels, invoicing reconciliation, and addressing any queries.
• Implement and follow up on all requests from CEO and ensure all activities and requests are implemented on time
List the behavioural attributes / knowledge / skills required
• Team player
• Strategic thinker
• Act as principal contact point for external stakeholders
• Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
• Knowledge and understanding of the company policies and procedures applicable to the specific work environment to ensure that work outcomes are compliant to the policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of the business environment, the relevant role players within the business and their key responsibilities and outcomes i.e. Knowledge of trends in the industry.
• Business Communication – Intermediate business communication skills enabling verbal and written communication at all levels (particularly at Board level)
• Interpersonal – The ability to interact with people at all levels in the organisation
• Problem solving – The ability to apply the principles of problem-solving techniques and to identify and resolve a problem in the best interest of all stakeholders
• Analytical – The ability to analyse situations and to arrive at the best possible solution
• Presentation – The ability to conduct presentations at all levels in the organisation with and without presentation aids
• Reporting – The ability to accurately give an account of information pertaining to the performance of outputs.
Qualification / Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management, Business Administration, Management or equivalent
• Registration with the CIS will be an added advantage
• Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office
• Understanding of project management
• Driving license
3 – 5 years More than 5 years
• 5 – 7 years working experience of which 3 years must have been a manager or an executive assistant
• A proven track record in the management of an executive office or
• Experience in a SETA environment or any public entity would be an added advantage.
• Planning – Excellent organisational and planning skills, that ensure work is effectively prioritized to meet deadlines
• Required to work extensive hours
• Required to meet tight deadlines
• Ensures the confidentiality of CEO materials, records and deliberations as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO
• Undertake any reasonable duties as required by the CEO
• Required to travel and have a valid passport
NB: The job description is a guide of minimum tasks and responsibilities and might change from time to time, depending on the organizational requirements and managerial adhoc requests.
Enquiries: Derrick Smith on 011 253 7300****
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website to apply: Closing date: 03 December 2022
To apply for this job please visit foodbev.mcidirecthire.com.