Website Airports Company South Africa
An exciting opportunity exists at Kimberley Airport for a dedicated fire fighter within the SHERQ division.
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Supervisor Fire and Rescue and will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Maintain operational readiness including vehicles, equipment and infrastructure to comply with Airport category.
- Operate Fire Fighting and Rescue Equipment and Tools.
- Ensure understanding of vehicles and/or equipment.
- Conduct routine inspections, maintenance and report defects.
- Adhere to statutory regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, operational standards, ACSA policies and procedures and Service Level Agreements to ensure business continuity.
- Activate and respond to all relevant incidents and accidents within area of jurisdiction, scope of training and expertise.
- Conduct emergency standbys to prevent incidents and accidents.
- Analyse, monitor, identify, mitigate and report areas of non-compliance.
- Conduct Runway, Taxi-way and Apron inspections and patrols to reduce potential hazards, notify ATC and take remedial action if necessary.
- Build, support and maintain healthy diverse internal and external relationships.
- Maintain level of physical fitness as per ACSA policies and procedures.
- Respond to all medical emergencies within area of scope and training.
- Record and capture information for billing purposes.
- Participate in Fire and Safety awareness programmes.
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- The candidate must be in possession of Matric (Grade 12) qualification
- Valid code B driver’s licence with driving experience
- Fire Fighter 1 qualification
- Hazmat Awareness qualification.
- BAA/ First Aid 3
- Appointment will be subject to applicant passing Level “A” physical fitness test.
- Action orientated
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Relations
This position will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity Policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented. The position will also be advertised externally.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of their qualifications, NQF level and credits. Appointed candidates will undergo Security Vetting within 3 months of appointment.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of your application, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit acsa.taleo.net.