Website Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd
Keeping you safe, securing your assets!
The above position is vacant at Western Cape Region.
- Company: Fidelity Services Group
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: 16 September 2022
- Matric/Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent. PSIRA Grade A registered.
- Mechanical Engineering or Petrol and Diesel Mechanic/ qualification N6
- Valid Driver’s License with own reliable transport.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a large mechanical automotive workshop
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Services Industry (Security/ Cleaning etc).
- Hand’s on experience in stock control and equipment management
- Staff management experience is required.
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of the complete Microsoft package.
- No criminal record or any pending cases.
- Sound planning, administration, interpersonal communication and client liaison skills are required.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills as well as good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management and its requirements.
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive):
Controlling of repair and maintenance:
- Compare quotations.
- Assessments of work to be conducted
- Monthly feedback meetings on status of work and expenses
- Check that all repairs are captured in the FGT8 report (On AP).
- Manage mechanics and workshop staff.
- Sign off job cards
- Test vehicles
- Assess nature of repairs.
- Conduct assessment of completed work
- Train staff.
- Plan workshop rosters.
- Make sure that all fuel transactions are captured in the FGT6 report (On SAP).
- Vehicles must portray FSS image.
- Submit proposals on how to reduce costs.
- Become involved in mechanical repairs and hands-on scrutiny of mechanics’ work
Repair and maintenance service providers:
- Obtain list of approved suppliers.
- Monthly visits to service centres.
- Negotiate better prices where possible.
- Weekly inspections must be conducted with managers and Regional Fleet manager
- Completion of official vehicle checking list.
- All vehicles must have a spare wheel, jack, triangle, and wheel spanner.
- Check all license discs.
- All fleet numbers must be clearly visible.
- Obtain roadworthy and COF’s certificates on all company vehicles where required.
- Ensure neat and tidy workshop
- Ensure maintenance of equipment
- Repair and advise on replacement of equipment
Other personality attributes:
- Strong leadership ability
- Technically minded
- Sense of urgency
- Driven for results
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication direction & skills
- Development of others
- Customer focus
Interested candidates whose credentials best match the requirements can send their CV’s before close of business on 16/09/ 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Disabled Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit fidelityservicesgroup.simplify.hr.