Website Department of Public Service and Administration - DPSA
Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Registrar in Newcastle, KwaZulu Natal who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
- Employer Name: Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA
- Position: Registrar
- Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
- Location: Newcastle, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Key Performance Areas:
- Coordinate Case Flow Management support services to the judiciary;
- Issue all processes that initiate court proceedings; Process and grant judgments by default.;
- Issue, monitor and analyse court statistics;
- Manage the civil sections in co-operation with the judiciary and Court Manager;
- Manage and submit monthly returns to the Court Manager.
- Provide practical training and assistance to the clerks of court and Assistant Registrars in the lower courts.
- Provide effective people management.
- LLB degree or recognized 4-year legal qualification;
- At least 2 years’ appropriate post qualification legal experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
Skills and Competencies:
- Case flow management;
- Dispute Resolution;
- Legal drafting;
- Legal research;
- Office management, planning and organization skills;
- Good communication (written and verbal);
- Good interpersonal relations;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Ability to interpret acts and regulations;
- Negotiation, motivation, customer relations, self-management and stress management skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.dpsa.gov.za.