Website Department of Public Service and Administration - DPSA
Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Court Interpreter in Newcastle, KwaZulu Natal who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
- Employer Name: Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA
- Position: Senior Court Interpreter
- Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
- Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
Key Performance Areas:
- Interpret in court of Law (Civil and Criminal matters), small claims courts, pre- trial proceedings and consultations;
- Manage and supervise court interpreters;
- Consecutive interpreting from source to target language during court proceedings and , pre-trial , consultation, quasi and judicial;
- Interpret non-verbal gesture, dramatization and confessions;
- Collect, monitor interpreting register, calculate and compile statistics;
- Making arrangements for foreign languages interpreters in consultation with the Prosecutor;
- Provide effective people management.
- Grade 12 and National Diploma: Legal Interpreting at NQF Level 5 or any other equivalent qualification in the field of languages with minimum of three (3) years’ practical experience as a Court Interpreter OR Grade 12 with ten (10) years practical experience as a Court Interpreter;
- Knowledge of Legislation which governs transparency and confidentiality in the Public Service (Act 2 of 2000) as amended;
- A valid driver’s license.
Language Requirements: Isixhosa, Setswana, English, Afrikaans are compulsory. Sesotho or Isizulu or proficiency in any official language will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication, Listening, Inter- personal relations;
- Problem solving;
- Planning and organizing and Analytical thinking skills;
- Time management;
- Confidentiality and ability to work under pressure
To apply for this job please visit www.dpsa.gov.za.