Website Department of Public Service and Administration - DPSA
Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Registrar in Durban, KwaZulu Natal who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job.
- Employer Name: Department of Public Service and Administration – DPSA
- Position: Registrar
- Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
- Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Key Performance Areas: DPSA Jobs today
- Manage State losses within the Department i.e. deal with disposal, recovery and mitigation of losses;
- Identify and conduct training of officials dealing with Vulnerable Groups at the courts;
- Monitor and oversee special projects on Gender, Persons with disabilities and the Elderly;
- Represent the Regional Office on Inter-Departmental Committees;
- Ability to chair the various Provincial Fora;
- Manage the implementation of legislations aimed at protecting the rights of vulnerable groups);
- Ensure that the strategic responsibilities in respect of Regional Civil Courts, Sexual Offences Courts, Small Claims Courts, Equality Courts and Restorative Justice are met;
- Respond to petitions, representations and complaints from members of the public, civil society and other Government Departments. Manage statutory appointments
JOB REQUIREMENTS: DPSA Jobs today
- LLB degree or 4-year recognized legal qualification;
- At least five (5) years’ appropriate post qualification legal experience;
- A sound knowledge of the South African Legal system;
- An understanding of the principles of Batho Pele, Victim’s Charter and Restorative Justice;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge on the implementation of legislation affecting vulnerable groups;
- Proficiency in isiZulu will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Public education and training;
- Good interpersonal and inter-cultural relations;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to analyze statistics;
- Time management skills;
- Accuracy and attention to details.
To apply for this job please visit www.dpsa.gov.za.