Website Development Bank of Southern Africa
The Snr Deal Originator is responsible for formulating and executing the strategic objectives of the business in collaboration with the Head Client Coverage whilst being accountable for deal origination, building and owning client and partnerships and developing projects for the DBSA ultimately leading to bankable deals.
- Identify new, and prioritise existing key clients based on a set criteria (i.e. financial metrics, current and potential revenue and margin) and strategic factors.
- Build relationships, networks and collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders and clients to position DBSA as the ‘go-to’ Bank for infrastructure development opportunities.
- Lead, initiate and develop new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projects ensuring deal flow and bankability.
- Working closely with Financing Operations Division, initiate and develop new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of fee income generating projects.
- Leverage, engage and collaborate with the Bank’s internal network to ensure that the entire Bank’s relevant expertise is used to the optimum.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close deals.
- Strong networks and relations with clients, global and regional private investors and banks in order to identify and source viable projects/investments.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An Honours degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Engineering or Economics;
- Experience in securing deals of appropriate size for sectors and geographies in question.
- 8-10 years’ experience in appraising, negotiating and closing Project Finance, Corporate Finance, or Structured Finance transactions in a financial institution;
- Experience in securing infrastructure investment deals in relevant sectors/geographies in SA and/or Africa (where applicable).
- Company: Development Bank of Southern Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit dbsa.erecruit.co.