Website Development Bank of Southern Africa
The Principal Syndication Officer is responsible for formulating and executing the strategic objectives of the division in collaboration with the Group Executive: Coverage whilst being accountable for deal origination, building and owning client relationships and partnerships and arranging financing for projects and distribution opportunities for the DBSA.
- Manage relationships with local/international bank and non-bank financial institutions, particularly institutional debt and/or equity syndication and distributions desks.
- Coordinate syndicate participants in all transactions where DBSA is appointed Mandated Lead Arranger (MLA) (or co-MLA).
- Develop and periodically update debt and equity investor as well as preferred transferee databases.
- Collaborate with other DBSA Divisions and/or Business Units, as appropriate, to develop indicative pricing and issue internal and investor transaction price guidance.
- Collaborate with other DBSA Divisions and/or Business Units to develop and periodically update the debt and equity instruments pricing tool to cater for syndication and distribution of debt and equity instruments.
- Collaborate with other DBSA Divisions and/or Business Units in executing primary and secondary debt and/or equity instrument syndications and distributions, respectively.
- Successful track record in leading project teams with high level stakeholders and qualified professionals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the complex financial and regulatory environments across Africa.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure market, financial markets and the macro landscape.
- Strong networks and relations with clients, global and regional private investors and banks in order to identify and source viable projects/investments.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Engineering or Economics.
- A minimum of 10 years of broad financial markets experience including, but not restricted to; appraising, negotiating and closing Project Finance, Corporate Finance or Structured Finance transactions or acting in a debt and/or equity instrument sales and distribution role in a financial institution.
- Experience in leading, initiating and developing new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projects ensuring deal flow and bankability.
- Company: Development Bank of Southern Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit dbsa.erecruit.co.