Website Development Bank of Southern Africa
The Principal Deal Originator is responsible for formulating and executing the strategic objectives of the business in collaboration with the Head Coverage whilst being accountable for deal origination, building and owning client and partnerships and developing projects for the DBSA ultimately leading to bankable deals.
- Identify new, and prioritise existing key clients based on a set criteria (i.e. financial metrics, current and potential revenue and margin) and strategic factors.
- Lead, initiate and develop new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projects ensuring deal flow and bankability.
- Contribute to the development of Divisional and Business unit strategies and implementation thereof.
- Work closely with the project preparation team to facilitate project preparation, scoping, feasibility studies and business plans with the intention of closing investment deals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses and facilitate the identification of opportunities to initiate viable projects.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of infrastructure market, financial markets and the macro landscape.
- Strong networks and relations with clients, global and regional private investors and banks in order to identify and source viable projects/investments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the complex financial and regulatory environments across Africa.
- Successful track record in leading project teams with high level stakeholders and qualified professionals;
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An Honours degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Engineering or Economics;
- Experience in securing deals of appropriate size for sectors and geographies in question.
- Experienced communicator and negotiator (expertise at senior level).
- 10-12 years’ experience in appraising, negotiating and closing Project Finance, Corporate Finance, or Structured Finance transactions in a financial institution;
- Company: Development Bank of Southern Africa
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit dbsa.erecruit.co.