Website Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
The Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development invites qualified South African candidates to apply for the post of Supply Chain Clerk: Asset Management.
- Company: Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
- Application Deadline: 21 October 2022
Ref No: 3/2/1/2022/600
Directorate: logistics and asset management
Salary : R176 310 per annum (Level 05)
Centre : Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate.
- No experience required.
- Job related knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of supply chain duties, practice as well as the ability to capture data, operate a computer and collecting statistics.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Basic knowledge of work procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Job related skills:
- Planning and organising skills, Computer skills, Language skills, Good communication skills (verbal and written) and Interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work within a team.
Key Responsibilities :
- Render asset management clerical support.
- Compile and maintain records (e.g. asset records / databases).
- Check and issue furniture, equipment and accessories to components and individuals.
- Identify redundant, non-serviceable and obsolete equipment for disposal.
- Verify asset register.
- Render demand and acquisition clerical support.
- Update and maintain a supplier (including contractors) database.
- Register suppliers on Logistical Information System (LOGIS) or similar system.
- Request and receive quotations.
- Capture specification on the electronic purchasing system.
- Place orders.
- Issue and receive bid documents.
- Provide secretariat or logistical support during the bid consideration and contracts conclusion process.
- Compile draft documents as required.
- Render logistical support services.
- Place orders for goods.
- Receive and verify goods from suppliers.
- Capture goods in registers database.
- Receive request for goods from end users.
- Issue goods to end users.
- Maintain goods registers.
- Update and maintain register of suppliers.
For enquiries, contact : Mr TJ Kgorutla Tel No: (012) 319 6677
How to Apply :
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered during office hours to: 184 Jeff Masemola Street (formerly known as Jacob Mare), corner of Jeff Masemola and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria or to Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix) Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001.
Note : African, Indian and White Males and Coloured and Indian Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.