Website Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
The Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development invites qualified South African candidates to apply for the post of Director, Land Development Support.
- Company: Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Kimberly, Northern Cape
- Application Deadline: 21 October 2022
Ref No: 3/2/1/2022/598
Directorate: Land Development Support
Salary : R1 073 187 per annum (Level 13), (all-inclusive package). The package includes a basic salary (70% of package), and a flexible portion that may be structured in accordance with the rules for Senior Management Services (SMS).
Centre : Northern Cape (Kimberley)
- Successful completion of Pre-entry Certificate for SMS as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG).
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma in Agricultural Studies / Agricultural Economics (NQF Level 7).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at a middle / senior managerial level.
- Job related knowledge:
- Knowledge of the Department’s policies, prescripts and practices pertaining to land tenure and administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of sector needs and business requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of policy development, monitoring and evaluation. Knowledge and understanding of government development policies, e.g National Development Plan, National Growth Path etc. Research methodology. Corporate governance.
- Job related skills: Project management skills, Communication skills (verbal and written), Agricultural development skills, Conflict management skills, Stakeholder mobilisation skills, Financial management skills, Reporting skills, Presentation skills, Computer literacy and Analytical skills. A valid driver’s licence.
- Facilitate the development and grading of small-scale farmers into fully fledged commercial farmers.
- Facilitate capacity building and training to farmers.
- Establish partnership between emerging and established farmers.
- Promote agricultural enterprise opportunities for small scale farmers for food security and household level.
- Facilitate the identification of land reform strategic institutional partnerships.
- Assist farmers in instructing appropriate enterprise model based on their prepared commodities.
- Facilitate the conducting of diligence on prospective strategic partners.
- Conduct the diligence on existing business ventures.
- Facilitate the identification and recruitment of strategic investment partners.
- Facilitate the provision of appropriate business services.
- Manage the implementation of land development programmes and producer support commercialisation policy in line with Operation Phakisa initiatives.
- Conduct regular assessment of the progress of recapitalisation programs and development services.
- Ensure compliance with relevant prescripts.
- Address gaps, non-compliance and make recommendations.
- Provide advice and guidance on partnerships.
- Advise State-Land on the performance of the lease on the farm especially were development funding has been provided.
- Ensure resource mapping in all identified farms for development (business planning, farm assessment, etc).
- Facilitate profiling of beneficiaries in Communal Property Association (CPA) and One Households, One Hectare (1HH1HA) programmes.
- Facilitate the development of Business Plans for farm projects identified for development.
- Facilitate the regularisation of CPA and legal compliance in the restitution projects identified for development.
- Facilitate the development of farm assessment reports.
- Conduct workshops to farmers on different departmental policies affecting them.
- Ensure the identification and readiness of the properties to be developed through different programs.
- Assist in the appraisal of the project proposal through different approval structures.
- Ensure that all proposals are aligned with the policies and objectives of the Department.
- Coordinate and align the development of identified projects with the different DALRRD Branches mandate and expertise.
- Ensure alignment of identified farms to be developed with departmental deliverables in the Annual Performance (APP) and Operational Plan of the Branch.
- Ensure the alignment of selected properties with the APP and Operational plan.
- Ensure alignment of such projects with allocated budget.
- Ensure quarterly reporting on performance of the project in line with Key Performance Areas as defined in the Operational Plan.
- Produce monthly reports on the actual performance of the farm.
For enquirers, contact: Mr K Moeketsi Tel No: (053) 830 4000/1
How to apply:
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X5007, Kimberly, 8302 or hand delivered to: 6th Floor, New public building, Knight and Stead Street, Kimberly, 8302