Website Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
The Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development invites qualified South African candidates to apply for the post of administrative officer.
- Company: Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: 21 October 2022
REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/599
Directorate: Quality Assurance and Administration
This is a re-advertisement, applicants who applied previously are encouraged to re-apply.
Salary : R261 372 per annum (Level 07)
Centre : Gauteng (Pretoria)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and National Diploma in Public Administration / Public Management / Business Administration / Business Management.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in administration environment.
- Job related knowledge: Public Service Regulation, Financial procedures, Treasury Regulations, Basic Accounting System (BAS) and Logistical Information System (LOGIS).
- Job related skills: Computer literacy, interpersonal skills, organising and planning skills, communication skills (written and verbal), analytical skills, problem solving skills and financial management skills.
Key Responsibilities :
- Render financial management services.
- Facilitate, plan, oversee, drive the timely and accurate preparation of the annual budget in line with Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations Strategic priorities weekly / monthly / quarterly.
- Compile Demand Management Plan (DMP), Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF), Adjustment Estimates (AE) and Estimated National Expenditure (ENE). Oversee effective, efficient and economical utilisation of funds.
- Document and communicate procedures for accessing and shifting of funds.
- Coordinate budgeting, audit and financial functions.
- Administer Subsistence and Travel claims and other related expenditure.
- Administer the procurement of goods and services.
- Compile and maintain the Demand Management Plan.
- Facilitate supply chain management services.
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on supply chain management related matters.
- Control over safekeeping, utilisation and maintenance of all assets.
- Ensure proper administration of sourcing and evaluation of quotations.
- Capture goods and services on the system (LOGIS, etc). Handle queries from internal and external clients relating to supply chain matters.
- Render general office support services.
- Supervise, motivate and develop staff through individual performance agreements.
- Provide assistance in the development and / or review of the operational plan.
- Compile various submissions / memoranda and responses.
- Attend to queries from Internal Audit.
- Administer leave forms / attend to queries.
- Make travel / conference bookings and confirmations.
- Provide secretariat services.
- Provide records keeping.
- Checking draft minutes for accuracy against recording or notes.
- Administer assets.
- Maintain asset register.
- Liaise with asset unit during asset verification.
- Manage outgoing and on-going assets.
- Allocate equipment to officials.
For enquiries, contact : Ms N Duiker Tel No: (012) 337 3658
How to apply :
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X09 Hatfield, 0028 or hand delivered during office hours to: Suncardia building, 6th floor, 524 Corner Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Street, Arcadia, 0083.
For attention: Human Resource Management
Note : African, Coloured and Indian Males and Coloured, Indian and White Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.