Website City of Johannesburg
Group Corporate & Shared Services: Group Human Capital Management
6th Floor, B Block Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
PO Box 1049 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2000
Tel +27(0) 11 407 6111 – Fax +27(0) 11 339 1878
VACANCY CIRCULAR 074/2022
This Vacancy is open to Employees of the City of Johannesburg and External Applicants
Closing Date: Tuesday, 06 December 2022
WE HAVE AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR:
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
• Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original documents during the selection process.
• You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership number and expiry date.
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
• By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
• However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
• The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
BRANCH: District Health Systems
DESIGNATION: Medical Doctor
REMUNERATION: R54 544,98 – R74 197,69 – R93 853,39 pm
(basic salary, excluding benefits)
LOCATION: Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
• Degree in Health Sciences (MBChB)/NQF level 8;
• Current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA);
• 7 – 9 years’ experience in working in a primary health care setting;
• Knowledge of Legislation, best practices and policies, and protocols on Health;
• MS Office and good communication skills;
• Must be willing to work extended hours whenever required;
• Must be willing to work across the sub-district facilities of the City of Johannesburg;
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Coordinate the provision and delivery of comprehensive Primary Health Care services using the DHS legal framework in line with the National Norms and Standards. Provide leadership and supervision in the facility in support of the Facility Manager. Effectively manage the training and research aimed at development and maintenance of professional/ethical standards in PHC facilities and PHC training school – particularly the medical, pharmaceutical/ethical standards in PHC facilities nursing students and operational staff. Plan and implement the clinical and professional services and the development of clinicians and promote and participate in research within the City. Lead the transformation of PHC services through proactive health promotion interventions and community based/outreach programmes, in partnership with other community-based health interventions.
Key Performance Areas:
• Render comprehensive health care services to patients and the community by operational planning and reporting;
• Conduct, coordinate and monitor health education and training for communities and personnel;
• Participate in outreach programmes within communities;
• Promote and facilitate research and in-house projects to establish trends in health as a whole and identify emerging health challenges;
• Improve, maintain and sustain service delivery and healthcare outcomes in terms of the strategic objectives within health.
• Must be able to work under pressure, work independently and make decisions;
• Computer literacy including MS Office Applications;
• High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
• Time Management, working independently, under pressure and ability to prioritise.
• Must form part of the multidisciplinary team;
• Must be resilient and ability to cope with change;
• Work extra hours whenever required;
• Confidentiality, Accountability, Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail and quality focused;
• Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism;
• Impact and Influence according to City’s protocols, legislation, and standards.
“All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities. Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender, and disability.”
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA THIS LINK: www.job url.org.za
Contact Person: Sam Ndou
Tel No: 011 407 7062
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
• Credit Record,
• CV validation and
• Employment record verification,
• Criminal check, and
• Identity validation.
To apply for this job please visit share-eu1.hsforms.com.