Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR OF DEEDS: DEEDS TRAINING, DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT AND LIBRARY SERVICES REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/702
Office of the Registrar of Deeds
Re-advertisement, applicants who applied previously are encouraged to re- apply.
Salary: R766 584 per annum (Level 11), all-inclusive package to be structed in accordance with the rules for MMS
Location: Eastern Cape (King Williams Town)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and National Diploma in Law / National Diploma Deeds Registration Law / Buris / B Proc / LLB.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience at junior management level in Deeds environment.
- Extensive and proven ability in knowing, interpreting and applying various legislation and Acts pertaining to registration of Deeds including (but not limited to): Deeds Registries Act. Sectional Titles Act. Ordinance. Proclamations. Case Law. Common Law.
- Ability to address a professional audience comfortably.
- Time management skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Improvisation skills.
- Organizing and problem solving.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Report writing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine training needs for deeds.
- Analyse current and future deeds training needs from performance development plan.
- Compile annual training programme and submit for approval.
- Develop curriculum for stakeholders training and submit for approval.
- Facilitate quality assurance reports and provide report.
- Facilitate and coordinate deeds training.
- Present deeds course/ training to officials and stakeholders.
- Compile and submit course/training report on all deeds training presented for approval.
- Facilitate the outcome of the training conducted in terms of Quality Management System and provide report.
- Manage training administration.
- Submit inputs and items for deeds training Advisory Committee meetings.
- Verify deeds training statistics.
- Co-ordinate or provide inputs on training manuals, Quality Management System etc.
- Provide inputs on the updating of acts, procedure manuals and circulars.
- Manage library services.
- Identify books, publication, training aids that must be procured for library.
- Manage audit updates of library materials and examiner’s acts.
- Oversee update of accession register (database).
- Manage access to library and loan register.
- Manage stocktaking.
Enquiries: Ms D Loock Tel No: (043) 642 2741
How to Apply
Please ensure that you send your application to Private Bag X9073, Cape Town, 7975 or Hand deliver it to the Office of the Registrar of Deeds: Cape Town at 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 7975 before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
NOTE: Applications and supporting documents sent to us that are not specified in the advertisement for the post that you are applying for will not be accepted. Failure to do this will result in the application being disqualified. African, Indian and White Males, African, Coloured, Indian and White Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022 at 16:00
The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form,
obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.