Website AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH COUNCIL (ARC)
The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is a premier science institution that conducts research with partners, develops human capital and foster innovation in support of the agricultural sector. It provides diagnostic, laboratory, analytical, agricultural engineering services, post-harvest technology development, agrochemical evaluation, consultation and advisory services, food processing technology services as well as various surveys and training interventions. Through its wider network of research institutes and experimental farms, the ARC provides a strong scientific base and a broadly distributed technology transfer capacity to the entire agricultural industry in South Africa.
The ARC– Tropical and Subtropical Crops (ARC-TSC) seeks to appoint experienced and dynamic person to the following position at Addo in the Eastern Cape Province.
Farm Supervisor: Addo Research Farm
Salary (R 191 510 – R 287 264 pa) All-inclusive remuneration package
Key Performance Areas:
- Managing and controlling of the labour force on the farm,
- Ensuring adequate execution of farm activities including; general hygiene, weeding, fertilizing, pruning and also orchard establishment
- Ensuring adequate utilisation of equipment in such a manner that optimal lifespan is realised,
- Managing the whole irrigation process,
- Controlling all farm produce and issuing of diesel; implements etc,
- Keeping the farm clean and neat at all times,
- Assisting with the organizing of events to be held on the farm,
- Assisting with the Occupational Health and Safety aspects on the farm as well as training of farm staff on personal safety and other health aspects,
- Controlling all the assets and stocks of the farm division,
- Supervising harvesting and marketing of farm produce,
- Optimising the utilization of all farm land.
- Grade 12 (Matric) with 3 years farming experience,
- A National Diploma in Agriculture/Horticulture will be an added advantage,
- The candidate must also have good interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to solve problems, organize and work without direct supervision,
- Good health and physical ability,
- Be able to adapt to different working conditions and willing to work long hours in the sun or adverse weather conditions,
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety aspects.
Enquires: Mr Andries Nkuna: Tel: (013) 753 7000
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 11 November 2022
A competitive remuneration package will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of the position. The appointment will be subject to a positive security clearance and preference will be given to South African citizens.
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (Including certificates, supporting documents, copy of driver’s license and nationality. NB: Non-RSA Citizens/work permit holders must attach certified copies) as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees must be e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who do not receive any response four (4) weeks after the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful. The Agricultural Research Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity. The company has the right not to appoint.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com