Work as part of an integrated (run & build) tribe in lower complexity environments to provide enterprise wide application support across multiple stakeholder groups by maintaining & optimizing enterprise-grade applications (tech products & services).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: ABSA JOBS 2022
- Develop and maintain knowledge in application functionality, user workflow, and business processes
- Enhance methods and procedures for collecting, analysing, and documenting application issues, and completing user change requests.
- Manage and provide support aligned to all SLA’s
- Coordinate and execute unplanned maintenance tasks, such as disaster recovery procedures, for production IT services to prevent and to minimize issues
- Develop the skills required to operate and maintain the technical products & services (applications)
- Maintain metrics of operational performance and evaluate trends
- Ensure minimal business operations impact due to upgrades and maintenance activities
- Provide efficient and effective support of applications including continued development of the application and security, software patches, reliability, disaster recovery and ensure the application meets the business needs
- Participate in development of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and vendor evaluation and contract management for IT applications services.
- Schedule and oversee planned maintenance tasks, such as backups and performance tuning, for production IT services to prevent and to minimize issues
- Plan and coordinate the processes for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations.
- Develop sufficient knowledge of application infrastructure (server, network, security) & broader organization architecture to assist with application upgrades and troubleshoot issues
- Supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of applications
- Coordinate with infrastructure & architecture teams to ensure that the impact of system / platform migrations on applications is minimised
- Compile and maintain inventory of applications and related details
- Coordinate & communicate across Tribes & Squads (all businesses) to successfully complete application upgrades
- Maintain correct and current application documentation and making it available to application users
- Enhance IT processes for transitioning completed configurations from development to production.
- Monitor application modification requests and ensure best practices are being utilised
- Assess vendor proposals for appropriateness and compliance with organization and industry standards.
- Ensure that a backup system for applications and files associated with business operations is in place
- Conduct diagnostic investigations of program errors, and implement or recommend solutions or methodologies for resolution.
- Manage applications throughout their lifecycle and assist in the application-related aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving technology products & services services
- Ensure that application users are aware of the application capabilities for enabling their effective use
- Oversee application implementation and configuration, patches, upgrades and maintenance, and ensure that application performance meets agreed SLAs and OLAs
JOB REQUIREMENTS: JOBS IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Certification in IT Service Management / IT Governance (ITIL / CoBIT), (Foundation level), compulsory.
- Experience & understanding of Disaster Recovery, & business continuity management
- Minimum 3-5 years’ IT/ IT Consulting Experience.
- Knowledge of application server containers: Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, NodeJS, IIS, .Net Core etc.
- Some knowledge of OAuth, Open Connect ID and SAML, preferably with an understanding of AD / LDAP / Kerberos
- Experience in Testing
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Bash and/or Python
- Knowledge of of messaging protocols and web services like SOAP and REST
- Knowledge of open-source relational databases
- Knowledge of Risk assessment, loan disbursement, cash management and rehabilitation of delinquent debtors
- Knowledge of internal & external credit modules, Basel II Framework
- Minimum 2-3 year experience in Finance sector.
- Excellent communication, analytical skills and decision making ability in collaborative environments
- Agile / Project management qualification (PMP / PRINCE2), compulsory.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ Application Management Experience.
- Knowledge of CI / CD tools (like Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS, Azure Devops) and Artifact Management (preferably Nexus),
- Experience in Stakeholder Management.
- Some Experience with test-driven development and domain driven design
- Understanding of Cloud platforms e.g. Azure, AWS & Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and ability to properly apply general design patterns and paradigms
- Minimum 3-5 years Application Diagnostics Experience.
JOB DETAILS: JOBS IN FREE STATE
- Company: Absa
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Kroonstad, Free State, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.