IMAS Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for IMAS Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the IMAS Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for IMAS Bursary 2023. The Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 14 April 2023
The Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy (IMAS) is an accredited training and educational institute that specialises in internationally recognized accountancy qualifications (on a professional level), as well as academic business qualifications.
The three pathways IMAS offers are:
- CIMA: This is aimed at candidates who want a career in management, finance, business, risk management, accounting, consulting, and strategy. CIMA is the world’s largest body of management accounts in the world.
- ACCA: This is aimed at candidates who want a career in taxation, accounting, financing, internal and external auditing, as well as business. ACCA is one of the world’s largest bodies of professional accounts in the world.
- ICB: The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a qualification that candidates can choose as their core specification from business management, financial accounting, or office administration.
IMAS continues to deliver a first-class standard of education in both part-time and full-time studies. They also offer their candidates Live Virtual Classes which they can access from the comfort of their own home.
What does the IMAS bursary cover?
The Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy (IMAS), partnered with the Finance and Accounting Services SETA (FASSET) are inviting students to apply for the Unemployed Graduate or Matriculants Bursary.
IMAS will be awarding bursaries to 30 students, for studies towards either of these Global Professional Accountancy Qualifications:
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA)
Studies will start in May 2023, on a part-time or full-time basis, at the IMAS Campus in Braamfontein or via Zoom Online Classes.
IMAS bursary coverage
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration with the professional accounting body, exemption fees, tuition fees, examination fees (only 1 attempt per subject), subscription fees and study materials. The bursary will NOT provide cover for: transport, accommodation and living-out allowance(s).
Successful candidates will be contacted via email by no later than 15 April 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
IMAS bursary requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be Black (African, Coloured or Indian – a maximum of 20% White students will be funded)
- You must have completed one of the following qualifications:
- Matric in 2021 or 2022
- National Diploma or BCom Bachelor’s degree in 2021 or 2022, at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be currently unemployed
How to apply for IMAS bursary 2023
Applications must be submitted online at: IMAS Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if you completed Matric in 2021 or 2022 (certified copy)
- Academic transcript and graduation certificate, if you graduated in 2021 or 2022 (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results (on tertiary institution letterhead)
IMAS bursary 2023 closing date
The closing date for submission of application for IMAS bursary 2023 is 14th April 2023. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact IMAS directly:
Contact person: Thabang Matsena
Tel: 086 143 4333
Please do NOT contact the Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy if this bursary has already closed.