Gauteng Government Bursaries 2023: Are you looking for Gauteng Government Bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available Gauteng Government Bursaries 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Gauteng Government bursaries in South Africa 2023.
Gauteng Provincial Government Bursaries for 2023
Gauteng is the South African province most famous for its production of gold. In 1994, the province got its name from the Sotho-Tswana language, meaning “place of gold.” The province experienced a thriving gold industry after the 1886 discovery of gold in Johannesburg. Gauteng is the county’s smallest province, yet holds ¼ of South Africa’s population (with approximately 15 million people Gauteng) it’s capital is Pretoria, and it also holds the country’s largest city- Johannesburg.
The province is governed by Provincial Legislature (a 73- person unicameral legislature.) The legislature then chooses a member to be the premier of the province, and the premier then appoints an Executive council consisting of 10 members. The provincial government ensures that all topic relating to the national constitution is followed in Gauteng.
Currently, the ANC (African National Congress) is the leading party within the province with the premier being David Makhura.
Gauteng is known as the economic hub of the province, contributing to many sectors of the country’s economy as well as hosting a number of overseas companies needing commercial bases in the continent, and is also the home to the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange.)
If you are a resident of the Gauteng province, here are some Government bursaries you could apply for:
- City of Johannesburg Bursary
- City of Johannesburg EMS Bursary
- Compensation Fund Bursary
- Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) Bursary
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursary
- Emfuleni Local Municipality Bursary
- FASSET Bursary
- Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary
- Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Bursary
- Gauteng Department of e-Government Bursary
- Gauteng Department of Health Bursary
- Gauteng Dept of Infrastructure Development Bursary
- Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport Bursary
- Gauteng Department of Social Development Bursary
- Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) Bursary
- Gauteng Provincial Department of Human Settlements Bursary
- Johannesburg Water Bursary
- O.R. Tambo District Municipality Bursary