Canyon Coal Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Canyon Coal Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Canyon Coal Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Canyon Coal Bursary 2023. Canyon Coal Southern Africa invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 7 October 2022 (at 17:00)
Canyon Coal Bursary 2023
Canyon Coal, established in 2006, is a coal exploration and mining group of companies which operates in Gauteng and Mpumalanga, and has exploration projects across South Africa. The mining company produces in excess of 2.5 MT coal per annum from its various operations, which include the following: the Hakhano Colliery, the Singani Colliery, the Khanye Colliery and the Phalanndwa Colliery.
Of all the companies current operations, Hakhano Colliery in Mpumalanga is their flagship opencast mine, which produces more than 40 000 tons of ROM each month. The second largest operation is the Singani Colliery, also in Mpumalanga, which produces around 140 000 ton of ROM each month.
The Phalanndwa Colliery in Mpumalanga produces around 120 000 ton of ROM each month, and lastly the Khanye Colliery in Gauteng is estimated to produce around 200 000 ton of ROM each month.
Canyon Coal is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Canyon Coal Khanye Colliery will be awarding bursaries for studies within the following fields, to students who are interested in joining the Mining Industry:
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Geology (BSc)
- Mine Survey (BSc)
- Mining Engineering
What Does Canyon Coal Bursary Cover?
Canyon Coal bursaries are awarded based on academic merit.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days from the closing date – if you have not been contacted by 7 November 2022 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Canyon Coal Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2023
- You must be studying or provisionally accepted to study at a university in South Africa, in 2023
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for all major subjects, if currently studying
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students residing within the Bronkhorstspruit area
- Preference will be given to students in financial need
- Preference will be given to students who are studying or have applied to study at a local tertiary institution
- Preference will be given to female students and student with disabilities
How to Apply for Canyon Coal Bursary
Download and complete the Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Enter “www.internships-sa.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Canyon Coal bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic records including most recent results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or application and fee statement (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians or spouse (breadwinners) ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents, guardians or spouse (breadwinners) proof of income (latest payslip or letter from company stating income if employed, balance sheet if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension if applicable – see page 8 of the application form for more details) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter to support your application, including details of your academic
ability, financial need and future career plans
- Proof of residence
Note: final selection will be based on 2022 final results, which should be submitted to Canyon Coal within 20 days of receiving them.
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Canyon Coal Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
Canyon Coal Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for the Canyon Coal Bursary is 7 October 2022 (at 17:00). Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Canyon Coal directly:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please do NOT contact Canyon Coal if this bursary has already closed.