Bursaries for Biology in South Africa 2023: Are you looking for Biology bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available bursaries for Biology students in South Africa 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Applications are currently open for Biology bursaries in South Africa 2023.
Biology bursaries for 2023
Biology is the scientific study of life. It is a natural science with a broad scope but has several unifying themes that tie it together as a single, coherent field. For instance, all organisms are made up of cells that process hereditary information encoded in genes, which can be transmitted to future generations. Another major theme is evolution, which explains the unity and diversity of life. Energy processing is also important to life as it allows organisms to move, grow, and reproduce. Finally, all organisms are able to regulate their own internal environments.
Biological scientists examine how living organisms relate to their surrounding environment, specialising in numerous animal, plant or environmental studies.
The average salary of a biologist in South Africa is R300 000 per annum depending on years of experience in the field.
Here are a list of bursaries and scholarships that fund Biology studies:
- Absa Fellowship/ Scholarship Programme
- AstraZeneca Bursary
- CPGR Bursary
- Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) Bursary
- Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary
- East Rand Water Care Company (ERWAT) Bursary
- Garden Cities Bursary
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park Bursary
- L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science South Africa Grant
- Maize Trust Bursary
- SA Cultivar & Technology Agency (SACTA) Bursary
- Sasol Agriculture Trust Bursary
- Sorghum Trust Scholarship
- South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) Bursary
- Umgeni Water Bursary
That’s all on my list of bursaries to study biology in South Africa. I wish you success in your application.