Barberton Mines Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Barberton Mines Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Barberton Mines Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Barberton Mines Bursary 2023. Barberton Mines invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: March 18, 2023
Barberton Mines Bursary 2023
Barberton Mines, located in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa, is a subsidiary of Pan African Resources and is part of the Metal Ore Mining Industry.
The Group’s Barberton Mines complex includes the Fairview Mine, Consort Mine and Sheba Mine, which together, have been in operation for more than 100 years. These mines produce high-grade gold with an excellent safety record.
Barberton Mines Bursary Eligible Fields
Barberton Mines is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme. The Barberton Mines Bursary Learning Programmes offer students the opportunity to gain necessary skills in the mining industry, as well as gain exposure to fields of expertise as well as acquire critical business competencies.
Bursaries will be awarded for industry qualifications – specifically within these fields (National Diploma or Degree):
What Does Barberton Mines Bursary Cover?
The bursary will also provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, a monthly stipend and a laptop for study purposes.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in practical vacation work opportunities.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and will be subject to background checks before final selection is made.
Barberton Mines Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% or C symbol for English, Mathematics and Science in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for all subjects in the current year of study
- You must have good communication skills
- You must have good leadership, supervisory and management skills
- You must have basic computer literacy
- You must be medically fit (candidates must have a Valid Medical fitness certificate within 21 days from accepting the bursary offer)
- You must NOT have a criminal record
- Preference will be given to students residing within the local area
How to Apply for Barberton Mines Bursary
Applications must be submitted online at: Barberton Mines Bursary Application 2023
(Reference number: BO2022-03)
Applicants will be required to register an account before they can login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of admission or acceptance to study at a tertiary institution, if entering 1st year (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence, not older than 3 months (certified copy)
Barberton Mines Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for Barberton Mines Bursary is 18 March 2023. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Barberton Mines directly:
Contact page: https://www.panafricanresources.com/contact/
Please do NOT contact Barberton Mines if this bursary has already closed.