Government Bursaries in South Africa 2023: Are you looking for Government bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available Government bursaries for students in South Africa 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Government bursaries in South Africa 2023.
South African Government Bursaries for 2023
There are many departments within the government of South Africa – from Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries to Basic Education, Health, Home Affairs, Labour, Public Works, Trade and Industry and so on.
Students who meet the following minimum entry criteria are generally eligible to apply for these bursaries, but please note that each bursary award may require additional unique eligibility criteria – all information can be found on each bursary listing below:
- You must be a South African citizen,
- You must be currently in Matric and have obtained good academic results so far OR have completed Matric with good academic results,
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study in certain fields (usually skill shortage fields),
- Certain bursary programmes may require that students be residing in a certain area.
The fields of study covered differ between each bursary listings. Below is a list of bursary programmes offered by South Africa government:
- Compensation Fund Bursary
- Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) Bursary
- Department of Correctional Services Bursary
- Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) Bursary
- Department of Military Veterans Bursary
- Department of Mineral Resources Bursary
- Department of Public Works Bursary
- Department of Sport, Arts and Culture (DSAC) Bursary
- Department of Tourism Bursary
- Department of Water & Sanitation Bursary
- FASSET Bursary
- National Agricultural Marketing Council (NAMC) Bursary
- National Department of Social Development Bursary
- National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary
- National Treasury Bursary
- NFVF Bursary