As a Software Engineer, you will be someone whose expertise directly translates into the development of robust software in the e-commerce domain. You will be from a computer science background with an emphasis on software development. You will have the opportunity to implement best practices to improve existing software and participate in the development of new features. While we don’t promote after-hours work as part of the regular workday, we run a 24/7 business with the need to keep systems up and running. Software Engineers are expected to provide after-hours support on a rotational basis to resolve critical system issues.
- Ability to dis-aggregate and structure solutions to ambiguous problems
- Ability to interview and interact professionally, with internal and external people
- Capability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- In the event that a candidate does not have an Honours Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Qualification in (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field), an equivalent experience requirement must be met which equates to 7 years of experience of software development experience.
- Honours Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field and a minimum of 5+ years of software development experience.
- Company: Takealot
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.takealot.com.