Website SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SERVICE (SAPS)
LOCATION: Veterinary Services, Visible Policing and Operations, Potchefstroom, North West
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: Band D, R558 606 per annum
REFERENCES: VPO E4/2022 (1 post)
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions of the post;
- Be in a possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (Vocational) recorded on the National Learner Record Database on NQF Level 4;
- Be proficient in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be a South African Citizen;
- Must have no previous criminal / disciplinary convictions or criminal / departmental cases pending;
- Be in a possession of at least a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification;
- Must not have tattoos which will be visible when wearing SAPS summer uniform.
- A recognized Veterinary Degree (BVSc or BVMCh) (accredited by SAQA on at least NQF 7 or higher with at least 1 to 2 years of clinical experience in the field of the post;
- Registration with the South African Veterinary Council and proof of paid up fees for 2022.
- Compulsory Community service must be completed where applicable.
- Render clinical service as required to maintain the welfare of SAPS (primarily equine);
- Present veterinary and animal handling courses to SAPS dog handlers and stable officials;
- Manage all resources allocated to the post as well as the implementation of national policies, directives, standards and procedures within the SAPS veterinary services;
- Conduct Veterinary Research Related to SAPS Animal welfare and report epidemiological Phenomena.
The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
Uncertified copies of an applicant’s ID, all educational qualifications obtained, proof Academic Records of qualification/s from recognised institution/s (SAQA accredited) service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license will be accepted. Certified copies will be obtained during the course of the selection process.
Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
Appointments will be made in terms of the Police Act as applicable to the post environment.
Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
The closing date for applications is 08 November 2022
If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
Applications can be hand delivered to 540 Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007 or posted to Private Bag x 12, Arcadia, 0007 or emailed to RamokgopaMM@saps.gov.za
Enquiries can be directed to Capt. Maswanganye at (012) 421 8423, PPO Ramokgopa at (012) 421 8435 and PO Babana at (012) 421 8291.
To apply for this job email your details to RamokgopaMM@saps.gov.za