Website South African National Parks
A vacancy currently exists for a Ranger Sergeant in Table Mountain National Park. The Successful candidate will be reporting to the relevant Section Ranger.
- Assist with access control, traffic flow and visitor management functions
- Perform and supervise general maintenance tasks such as infrastructure, building management fencing water points and roads.
- Assist with implementation of approved Conservation Policy according to agreed management and operational plans as well as stipulations of relevant legislation.
- Planning of day-to-day patrols and efficient use of manpower to effectively ensure area integrity of the section;
- Assist with and respond to fire management functions including fire breaks, stack preparation and burning and biodiversity burns.
- Assist with natural resources management that includes the implementation of evasive plants, alien animals, footpath, jeep tracks, boardwalks, soil erosion and rehabilitation management system as well as large herbivore management (game capture, culling and monitoring);
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of MS Office especially MS Word, MS Excel)
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, especially MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Firearm competency (Handle & use a Handgun for Business Purposes)
- Working knowledge of relevant conservation legislation MLRA, NEM: PAA, NEM:MBA, Criminal Procedure Act etc.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- National Diploma in Conservation with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience or Field Ranger accredited training with 5 years relevant experience; Field Ranger with Grade 12 (Std 10) and 6 years relevant experience
- Training Competency Certificate for Business Unit Standard (from accredited service provider)
- Company: South African National Parks
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.sanparks.org.