The Data Management Lead is responsible for the Africa Data Management service and team’s delivery of the operational and strategic data quality objectives. The person has a thorough understanding of Financial industry data domains and ensures that the quality for each data domain is consistently improved. From a risk perspective, the role ensures that the data risk footprint is managed according to territory and internal governance and policy requirements. The role responsibilities include Africa Master and Reference Data Stewardship for all data domains, working with business Data Owners, subject area Data Practitioners and the PwC Global Data Office.
- Strategic and operational initiatives and tasks that arise from planning and collaboration with the Africa CDO.
- Collaboration with global PwC data and product teams to help facilitate data solution and process implementations within local territories.
- Implementation of the regional data stewardship model, determining, describing, and enforcing the business rules, definitions and processes for managing master and reference data.
- Collaboration within the Data Engineering team to ensure a high level of data quality within our internal data provisioning environment.
- Assisting the Data Management team, business Data Owners and business teams to ensure that they are able to deliver on requirements and resolve data-related queries and impediments.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Master data management (especially Client, Finance and People data
- Proven ability to manage teams and to be empathetic, motivational and help staff achieve to their maximum potential
- Understanding of data environment concepts such as data warehousing, data ingestion and transformation, data security and data lineage
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally, Financial services data domain exposure and experience
- Working with senior management
- 8 – 12 years experience in data management and analysis
- Related tertiary degree or diploma
- Company: PwC
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit www.pwc.co.za.