Website Marriott International
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- Company: Marriott International
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.