Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
PROJECT COORDINATOR: COOPERATIVES AND ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/691
Directorate: District Office
Salary: R491 403 per annum (Level 10)
Location: Limpopo (Vhembe)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and a National Diploma in Business Management / Financial Management / Economics.
- Minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience in a related field.
Job related knowledge:
- Good knowledge, understanding and interpretation of budget management.
- Good knowledge of departmental land reform programmes, legislation and procedures.
Job related skills:
- Communication skills (verbal and written),
- People management skills,
- Negotiation skills,
- Performance management skills,
- Conflict resolution skills,
- Facilitation skills,
- Capacity building skills,
- Financial management skills,
- Map reading, analysis and interpretation.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate identification, establishment, and development support of Cooperatives.
- Conduct needs assessments as well as scoping and auditing of cooperatives.
- Organise primary cooperatives into secondary cooperatives.
- Liaise with commodity associations and other stakeholders for data collection, to create and maintain primary, secondary and tertiary cooperatives database.
- Liaise with organs of the state, private sector where partnerships.
- Facilitate development of business plans and funding requests.
- Implement the monitoring tool and strategy for cooperatives.
- Coordinate the establishment cooperatives, setting up of internal / cooperative governance, drafting of constitution and facilitate training in adherence and compliance with the Co- operatives Act, No. 14 of 2005.
- Provide support to new and existing cooperatives (facilitate pre-establishment, constitution, registration, training and monitoring).
- Facilitate training on governance issues of cooperatives and business management.
- Identify and support the development of enterprise operational and compliance system.
- Identify training needs for the development of training plans for cooperatives.
- Coordination of the partnership arrangements and / or agreements.
- Facilitate and consolidate reports on provided templates.
- Ensure market opportunities are identified for co-operative development in the Department.
- Identify local, national and international markets for cooperatives.
- Assist cooperatives to get marking tools for their business through Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA).
- Assist cooperatives to get export certificate to sell their products.
- Coordinate the development and support of co-operative Financing Institutions towards the formation of a Co-operative Bank.
- Organise workshops for cooperatives on understanding functioning of the cooperatives Financial Institution.
- Facilitate savings and credit workshops for cooperatives to develop the culture of saving.
- Facilitate registration and compliance with the Cooperatives Financial Institution (CFI).
- Coordinate the development and support of agro-processing, rural enterprises and industries.
- Facilitate processes of business plans development in liaison with stakeholders including SEDA.
- Coordinate the development and support of Small and Medium scale Agro-processing projects.
- Conduct technical training needs assessments and engage training institutions.
- Facilitate provision of technical training on production, processing and mechanisation operations to Rural Enterprises and Industries.
Enquiries: Mr LS Mahasha at 082 947 8491
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X9312, Polokwane, 0700
or hand delivered to: 61 Biccard street, Polokwane, 0700.
NOTE: African, Coloured, Indian and White males and Coloured, Indian and White females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022 at 16:00
The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form,
obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.