Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
PROFESSIONAL SURVEYOR (GRADE A – C) REF NO: 3/2/1/2022/681
Directorate: Examination, State and Land Reform Surveys Services
Salary: R646 854 – R982 326 per annum, (Salary will be in accordance with the OSD requirements)
Location: Limpopo (Polokwane)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and a four-year Bachelor of Science Degree in Survey / Geomatics.
- Compulsory registration with South African Geomatics Council (SAGC) as Professional Surveyor on appointment.
- Compulsory registration with South African Geomatics Council (SAGC) as Professional Land Surveyor to perform cadastral surveys.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification survey experience.
Job related knowledge:
- Programme and project management.
- Survey design and analysis knowledge.
- Research and development.
- Computer-aided survey applications.
- Knowledge of legal compliance.
- Creating high performance culture.
- Technical report writing.
- Professional judgement.
Job related skills:
- Decision making skills,
- Team leadership skills,
- Analytical skills,
- Creativity skills,
- Self- management skills,
- Financial management skills,
- Customer focus and responsiveness,
- Communication skills (verbal and written),
- Computer literacy,
- Planning and organising,
- Conflict management skills,
- Problem solving analysis skills,
- People management skills,
- Change management skills and
- Innovation skills.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and perform surveys to solve practical survey problems (challenges) to improve efficiency and enhance safety.
- Investigate applications on new and existing technologies.
- Plan and perform surveys of a complex nature.
- Develop cost effective solutions and approve surveys according to prescribed requirements / standards.
- Promote safety in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate existing technical manuals, standard drawings and procedures to incorporate new technology.
- Provide professional advisory and support services.
- Develop tender specifications.
- Provide human capital development services.
- Ensure training and development of candidate professional surveyors to promote skills / knowledge transfer and adherence to sound survey principles and code of practice.
- Supervise the survey work and processes.
- Administer performance management and development.
- Render office administration and budgeting planning.
- Manage resources, prepare and consolidate inputs for the facilitation of resource utilisation.
- Ensure adherence to regulations and procedures for procurement and personnel administration.
- Monitor and control expenditure.
- Report on expenditure and service delivery.
- Conduct research and development.
- Provide continuous professional development to keep up with new technologies and procedures.
- Research / literature studies on survey technology to improve expertise.
- Liaise with relevant bodies / councils on survey related matters.
Enquiries: Ms M Kekana Tel No: (012) 326 8050
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X9312, Polokwane, 0700
or hand delivered to: 61 Biccard street, Polokwane, 0700.
NOTE: African, Coloured, Indian and White Males and Coloured, Indian and White Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022 at 16:00
The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form,
obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.