Website PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA)
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
SALARY GROUP: Management
LOCATION: AUTOPAX HEAD OFFICE (BRAAMFONTEIN)
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain Management
MISSION: To manage and direct the provision of all supply chain management services at Autopax
• Ensure the development of the organizational procurement plan, business plan and that the procurement is done according to the budget and compliance to all applicable legislation i.e. PFMA and others
• Ensure the implementation of SCM policies and SOPs throughout the organization.
• Promote awareness on applicable SCM laws, regulations, policies, and processes
• Advise and lead on SCM compliance and prescripts.
• Guide compilation of procurement related documents (departmental procurement plans, RFQs, RFPs, etc.).
• Lead and guide the establishment and management of SCM committees (Bid Specification, Bid Evaluation and Bid Adjudication Committees)
• Monitor and evaluate utilization of financial and other resources
• Monitor suppliers’ performance in line with terms and conditions of contracts.
• Provide feedback and updates on SCM projects.
• Provide reports and advise business on emerging risks, trends etc.
• Management of financial resources (budget planning and control)
• Manage subordinates.
• Develop a vibrant, competent and motivated workforce with relevant skills
• Ensure elimination of wasteful, fruitless and unauthorized expenditure.
• Ensure compliance and implementation of the policies, procedures and relevant prescripts.
• Ensure that procurement of goods / service delivery is in line with the companies’ objectives.
• SAP systems
• BBBEE, PPPFA & PFMA
• Supply Chain Management
• Principles and practice of effective procurement and financial awareness
• Business Environment and continuity
• Tender process administration and guidelines
• Developing tender/contracts and request for proposal documents
• Sourcing in MRO and other goods and services
• Advanced Communication
• Advanced Interpersonal
• Computer Skills – Excel, Word,
• Conflict Management
• People Management
• Problem Solving
• Planning & Projects
• Goal orientated
• Customer orientated
• Positive and motivated
• Honest and integrity
• Business awareness
• Responsible & Reliable
• Ability to work under pressure
• Problem Solving
• Grade 12 Certificate.
• Degree: Supply Chain/ Procurement/ Purchasing/ Business Management and or equivalent
• Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain management environment. Preferably in a state-owned entity that is subjected to procurement laws and regulations such as PFMA etc
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management level.
• Code 8 valid driver’s license.
• Post graduate degree in Business management
• Project Management:
• Contract Management
• People Management
• Supply Chain Management: 5 years
Please apply by submitting your CV together with certified (not more than 3 months) copies of ID & certificates to: RAPX@apx.co.za
NB: APPLICATIONS i.e. CV, Certificates etc. TO BE SENT IN ONE PDF DOCUMENT. (PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED):
Closing date: 04 November 2022
“By responding to this vacancy advert irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with the PRASA data privacy protection policy. Preference will be given to individuals from Designated Groups.
Should you not hear anything three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
As per PRASA Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
MALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
FEMALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
To apply for this job email your details to RAPX@apx.co.za