Website PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA)
CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER, 5 YEAR PERFORMANCE- BASED CONTRACT
SALARY GROUP: EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
LOCATION: UMJANTSHI HOUSE, BRAAMFONTEIN
MISSION: To lead and direct the provision of effective Supply Chain Management function across PRASA Group.
- Define and Develop Group Supply Chain Management Strategy, Charter and Policies
- Lead and manage Group Supply Chain Management and Compliance by ensuring that all SCM structures and Committees are in place and functional
- Manage Group Supply Chain Human Resources by leading and directing the Group Supply Chain Management team in the achievement of set objectives and targets
- Manage Group Supply Chain Costs to compile Group SCM budget
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders including employees service providers and other stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of the business environment and understanding of Supply Chain Management philosophy, framework and methodologies
- The ability to build and implement appropriate corporate governance mechanisms that effectively regulate business conduct
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of finance/SCM and the components involved in contract management (PFMA etc)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Supply Chain Management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Contract Management
- Problem Solving
- Exceptional report writing and presentation skill
- Stakeholder Management
- Honesty and integrity
- Honest and integrity
- Team Player
- Exercise sound judgement
- NQF Level 9 Relevant / Post Graduate Qualification in Supply Chain Management studies.
Master’s in Business Administration or Leadership will be an added advantage.
Minimum 15 Years’ experience in Supply Chain Management environment
- Minimum 10 Years’ operating at an Executive Management level (SCM)
“By responding to this vacancy advert irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with the PRASA data privacy protection policy.
PRASA shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of candidates/applicants and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”)
A copy of PRASA’s Privacy notice is available on the website or on request.”
Applications may be forwarded to: CPOrecruitment@prasa.com
Closing date: 05 November 2022
PRASA’s EE requirements will be taken into consideration
Should you not hear from us within three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to CPOrecruitment@prasa.com