Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Engineer: (Civil) Grade A.
- Directorate : Municipal Infrastructure (Re-advert)
- Post : Engineer: (Civil) Grade A
- Salary: R728 829.00 per annum (OSD)
- Ref: AD/MINFRA/COGTA/12
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Provide technical support in evaluating business plans and technical reports for the proposed Municipal Infrastructure projects.
- Support municipalities and facilitate municipal infrastructure development.
- Manage and facilitate sustainable service delivery.
- Ensure the management of infrastructure finance.
- Provide technical support with development and implementation of plans, legislative frameworks and strategies.
- Support municipalities with coordination of infrastructure projects.
- Assess the functionality of municipal infrastructure and address areas of intervention.
- Conduct site visits/meetings to ensure compliance with business plans conditions.
- Provide monthly and quarterly performance reports on infrastructure related matters.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/ B-Tech /Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the infrastructure planning and development environment.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation. Knowledge of legal compliance.
- Knowledge of Project Management policy analysis and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of infrastructure development and programme management.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) Computer Literacy in MS Office.
- A valid driver’s license.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.