Website Marriott International
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Company: Marriott International
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- Application Deadline: SEE APPLICATION PAGE
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.