Website KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
The KwaZulu Natal Department of Health invites qualified South African graduates to apply for the post of desktop support technician.
- Company: KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
- Vacancy Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Application Deadline: 14 October 2022
- Identify and escalate Information Technology infrastructure related concerns that may arise to the Supervisor.
- Liaise with the appropriate departments and service providers with regards to Information Technology related faults.
- Provide hardware and software problem solving.
- Give feedback to the end users and ensure that the user is satisfied with the resolution of the call.
- Provide preventative maintenance on desktop related hardware such as scanning for viruses, ensuring that Windows patches are updating and running disk clean-ups.
- Provide remedial repairs to desktop equipment.
- Provide telephonic troubleshooting or first-line telephonic problem resolution to the end users.
- Troubleshoot physical LAN (Local Area Network) which includes checking of network data points.
- Provide basic troubleshooting to Telecommunication, Voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) and Telemedicine infrastructure.
- Provide reports to management on hardware related queries, daily activities and tasks undertaken.
- Patch and clean computer to viruses.
- Have knowledge of Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations.
- Have Knowledge of Computer skills- Ms Office suite.
- Knowledge of Communication –written and oral.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/ National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) as recognized by SAQA, PLUS up to a minimum of three (3) years experience relevant Information Communication Technology, PLUS.
- Unendorsed valid Code B driver’s licence (Code 08).
To apply for this job please visit www.kznhealth.gov.za.