State Bank of India, South Africa
A position has become available for a Chief Risk Officer to join our dynamic team, based in Johannesburg.
Duties & Responsibilities
Market & Liquidity Risk:
- Review reporting procedures and controls in respect of market and liquidity risk, Monitor changes in RBI and local regulations and report its impact to Risk Management committee (RCOM), Oversee the preparation and submission of BA325, BA300 and BA 301 returns.
- Develop, maintain and implement appropriate action plans for Business Credit Regulatory & Risk Program and oversee the Credit Risk of the Bank.
- Oversee the Preparing, implementation and review of Operational Risk Management policy of the branch. Sound working knowledge within Fraud Risk Management and Fraud Strategy, Putting in place systems for identifying, measuring monitoring and controlling of Operational risk in respect of branches various operations like SOP’s, trainings etc, Review of Business continuity plan (BCP).
Desired Experience & Qualification
- University degree in commerce and / or accounting, auditing, and risk management (Ideally MBA, CA, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)).
- Possess expertise in the South African Banking regulatory environment especially in liquidity, capital and risk management.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of traditional risk management principles and practices.
- Good knowledge or experience in IFRS 9 standards.
- Financial Risk Management (FRM).
- At least 5 years’ experience in Risk, Governance and Auditing and 8 years’ experience in banking sector having experience in strategic and business planning.
- Experience in tools and techniques for the evaluation and presentation and maintenance of strategic and operational risks.
- Good understanding of Basel II & III and risk management issues.
- Good understanding of financial markets, financial instruments, and current issues.
- Liaison with the SARB frontline or supervisory team (Preferred).
- The ability to effectively interpret and aggregate significant amounts of data and information and distil it to key points in order to assist Senior Management to fully appreciate their risks.
- The energy and drive to generate value for the Institution through the risk management function.
- Good computer skills and ability to use risk management software.
Package & Remuneration
To apply for this job please visit www.pnet.co.za.