Website North West University
The purpose of the position is to manage and oversee organised Student Life on the Vanderbijlpark Campus, with a view to provide critical support, information and guidance to deliver a total student experience, in support of the academic project, through facilitating student access and success; it is to contribute to the development of students as well-rounded, innovative, and socially responsible citizens of the world, who play a pivotal role to national and global development; and also to contribute towards the fulfilment of our student value proposition and the creation of a competitive advantage.
- Optimize the media profiling capacity of the different sporting codes.
- Ensure an effective, proactive and supportive student counselling and health care services which enable student access, success, health, and holistic development.
- Ensure the development of key strategies and mechanisms which advocate and educate the student cohort with respect to human rights, gender-related matters, LGBTQAI rights, psychological, disability and health-related issues.
- Promote the development of sport to strengthen unity within and across the three campuses of the NWU and at national and international levels.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of issues in Student Life and student leadership and governance.
- Integration and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience of diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent communicator in a variety of contexts.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in the relevant area of work within the Higher Education environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ management experience in Student Affairs and Services / Student Life / Student Support Services.
- A Master’s degree (NQF 9) in Social Sciences / Education / Management / Business or Administration.
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Potchefstroom, North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit nwu.ci.hr.