Website Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
The Department of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Director: Land Development Support.
- Directorate: Land Development Support
- Post : Director: Land Development Support
- Salary: R1 073 187 per annum (Level 13), (all-inclusive package). The package includes a basic salary (70% of package), and a flexible portion that may be structured in accordance with the rules for Senior Management Services (SMS).
- Ref: 3/2/1/2022/598
- Centre: Northern Cape (Kimberley)
- Closing Date: 21 October 2022 at 16:00
- Facilitate the development and grading of small-scale farmers into fully fledged commercial farmers.
- Facilitate capacity building and training to farmers.
- Establish partnership between emerging and established farmers.
- Promote agricultural enterprise opportunities for small scale farmers for food security and household level.
- Facilitate the identification of land reform strategic institutional partnerships.
- Assist farmers in instructing appropriate enterprise model based on their prepared commodities.
- Facilitate the conducting of diligence on prospective strategic partners.
- Conduct the diligence on existing business ventures.
- Facilitate the identification and recruitment of strategic investment partners.
- Facilitate the provision of appropriate business services.
- Manage the implementation of land development programmes and producer support commercialisation policy in line with Operation Phakisa initiatives.
- Conduct regular assessment of the progress of recapitalisation programs and development services.
- Ensure compliance with relevant prescripts.
- Address gaps, non-compliance and make recommendations.
- Provide advice and guidance on partnerships.
- Advise State-Land on the performance of the lease on the farm especially were development funding has been provided.
- Ensure resource mapping in all identified farms for development (business planning, farm assessment, etc).
- Facilitate profiling of beneficiaries in Communal Property Association (CPA) and One Households, One Hectare (1HH1HA) programmes.
- Facilitate the development of Business Plans for farm projects identified for development.
- Facilitate the regularisation of CPA and legal compliance in the restitution projects identified for development.
- Facilitate the development of farm assessment reports.
- Conduct workshops to farmers on different departmental policies affecting them.
- Ensure the identification and readiness of the properties to be developed through different programs.
- Assist in the appraisal of the project proposal through different approval structures.
- Ensure that all proposals are aligned with the policies and objectives of the Department.
- Coordinate and align the development of identified projects with the different DALRRD Branches mandate and expertise.
- Ensure alignment of identified farms to be developed with departmental deliverables in the Annual Performance (APP) and Operational Plan of the Branch.
- Ensure the alignment of selected properties with the APP and Operational plan.
- Ensure alignment of such projects with allocated budget.
- Ensure quarterly reporting on performance of the project in line with Key Performance Areas as defined in the Operational Plan.
- Produce monthly reports on the actual performance of the farm.
- Successful completion of Pre-entry Certificate for SMS as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG).
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate and Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma in Agricultural Studies / Agricultural Economics (NQF Level 7).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at a middle / senior managerial level.
- Job related knowledge: Knowledge of the Department’s policies, prescripts and practices pertaining to land tenure and administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of sector needs and business requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of policy development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge and understanding of government development policies, e.g National Development Plan, National Growth Path etc. Research methodology. Corporate governance.
- Job related skills: Project management skills, Communication skills (verbal and written), Agricultural development skills, Conflict management skills, Stakeholder mobilisation skills, Financial management skills, Reporting skills, Presentation skills, Computer literacy and Analytical skills.
- A valid driver’s licence.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted by
- Post to: Private Bag X5007, Kimberly, 8302
- Hand delivered to: 6th Floor, New public building, Knight and Stead Street, Kimberly, 8302
For enquiries, contact : Mr K Moeketsi Tel No: (053) 830 4000/1
NOTE : The application must include only completed and signed new Z83 Form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
The requirements for appointment at SMS level include the successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-entry Programme as endorsed by the NSG. Prior to appointment, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. No appointment will take place without the successful completion of the pre-entry certificate and submission of proof thereof.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Directive on the Implementation of Competency Based Assessments. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Applications: Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for. Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged.
Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganisation of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts. The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting. DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
All applicants are required to declare any conflict or perceived conflict of interest, to disclose memberships of Boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
SEE ALL DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LAND REFORM AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT VACANCIES