Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified South Africans to apply for the post of Deputy Director, Risk Management.
- Directorate : Risk and Compliance Management
- Post : Deputy Director: Risk Management
- Salary Level: 11
- Salary : R744 255.00 (all-inclusive MMS package)
- Ref : DD/RM/COGTA/01)
- Station : HEAD OFFICE
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Facilitate the process of risk identification, assessment and development of response strategies.
- Communicate the Department’s Risk Management Plans to all stakeholders in the department and monitor its implementation.
- Facilitate orientation and training for the Risk Management Committee and Risk Champions.
- Report the risk intelligence to the Accounting Officer, Management, Risk Management Committee and Audit Committee.
- Management of human and financial resources.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/Degree or equivalent qualification with Risk Management and Auditing or Internal Auditing as major subjects.
- Practical experience in risk management or internal auditing.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience obtained within Risk Management environment at junior management level.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation applicable to risk management.
- Knowledge of risk management processes and techniques.
Skills and Competencies:
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations.
- Knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulations, Public Sector Risk Management Framework, Company of Sponsoring Organisations (COSO) Framework and King IV on risk management.
- Ability to apply technical and professional knowledge and skills in immediate work area and wider environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to plan effectively and efficiently.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.