Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Deputy Director, Municipal Capacity Building.
- Directorate : Municipal Capacity Building
- Post : Deputy Director: Municipal Capacity Building
- Salary Level: 12
- Salary : R882 042.00 (all-inclusive MMS package)
- Ref : DD/MCB/COGTA/05
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Coordinate and Monitor the implementation of Workplace Skills Plans.
- Coordinate the Capacity Building interventions for municipal officials and Councillors Develop strategic capacity building plans and targets for skills development and monitor the implementation of these plans.
- Management of human and financial resources and compile all reports as per local government statutes and reporting requirements.
- Liaise with SETA’s on accreditation of training.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Development/ Public Management/or Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in capacity development at junior management level.
- Understanding the National and Provincial Capacity Building Frameworks and Local Government capacity building programmes.
Skills and Competencies:
- Decision making, problem solving, facilitation, presentation, people management and empowerment, as well as able to work under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of planning, human resource development, Communication, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, conflict management and working in a team.
- Knowledge of Excel and Power Point.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.