Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Deputy Director, Human Resource Utilisation and Capacity Building.
- Directorate : Human Resource Management
- Post : Deputy Director: Human Resource Utilisation and Capacity Building
- Salary Level: 11
- Salary : R744 255.00 (all-inclusive MMS package)
- Ref : DD/HRU&CD/COGTA/4
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Manage Skills Development, Employee Performance and Talent Management Programmes and Strategies: Ensure development, reviewal, monitoring and the implementation of the skills development policies and strategies.
- Coordinate and Monitor the implementation of Workplace Skills Plans, Ensure implementation of training and development processes and programmes.
- Oversee the implementation of learnership, internship and induction programmes in the department.
- Ensure development and implementation of talent management strategies.
- Ensure the development, reviewal and implementation of PMDS policy.
- Ensure complete and accurate PMDS database. Identify PMDS training and development requirements.
- Ensure effective implementation of PMDS performance incentive scheme is in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and ensure implementation is in accordance to applicable legislative requirements.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Development/ Human Resource Management/ Public Management / Development and/or Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Human Resource Development at junior management level.
- Knowledge of relevant prescripts and the Human Resource Development Strategy.
- Practical experience coordinating and conducting training.
Skills and Competencies:
- Decision making, problem solving, facilitation, presentation, people management and empowerment, as well as able to work under pressure competencies: in-depth knowledge of Planning, Communication, Project Management and Evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge on Excel and Power Point.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.