Website COGTA Mpumalanga
The Mpumalanga Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Deputy Director, Planning.
- Directorate : Planning and Programme Management
- Post : Deputy Director: Planning
- Salary Level: 11
- Salary: R744 255 per annum (all-inclusive MMS package)
- Ref : DD/RM/COGTA/02)
- Station : Head Office
- Closing Date: 14 October 2022
- Provide professional Planning and Performance Monitoring Management in line withstatutory prescripts and Treasury Framework.
- Assist in development, implementation and review of departmental strategic plan, annual performance plan and annual operational plan in line with the Framework of Strategic Plans and Annual Performance Plans within the available resources.
- Liaise with external stakeholders for the submission of statutory plans and reports.
- Ensure alignment of departmental plans performance to provincial and national policy priorities.
- Management of human and financial resources.
- A Senior Certificate and a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Public Management/Administration/ Project Management or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Planning at junior management level.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation applicable to the public sector and the Department.
- Practical experience in the development/analyses and processes of strategic documents and department policies.
Skills and Competencies:
- Decision making, problem solving, facilitation and presentation, people management and empowerment, as well as able to work under pressure competencies: in-depth knowledge of Planning, Communication, Project Management and Evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge on MS Projects, Excel and PowerPoint.
Directions to Applicants:
Applicants must be submitted on a prescribed New Z83 application form fully completed, obtainable from any Public Service department. Applications must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
Applicants are discouraged from sending application through registered mail because the Department will not be responsible for non-collection of these applications. No late applications will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personal suitability checks on criminal records, citizenship verification, financial records, employment references and qualification verification.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. It is the Applicant’s 18 responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be expected to enter into employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
How to Apply:
Applications must be posted to: The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag x 11304, Mbombela.
Hand delivered to: Rhino Building extension 2 No.7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park, Mbombela 1200.
For enquiries, contact: Mr IPM Moukangwe (013 766 6221) and Mr PP Mokwena (013 766 6225)
The Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and preference will be given to the suitable qualified candidates from designated groups in terms of Employment Equity Act.