Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption? In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Amazon Vacancies 2022
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed (25-50%)
- 5+ years of an application programming and/or Hands-on technical application architecture experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.