Website Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AWS Trust & Safety (T&S) is a global team that helps protect against abusive use of AWS services while simultaneously working to build trust with AWS’s customers, partners, and other stakeholders. T&S engages with a variety of stakeholders to understand cloud infrastructure-related trust and safety issues, develop fit-for-purpose frameworks to assess and minimize risks for AWS’s customers, and develop guidelines and processes for responding to trust and safety issues. Our team members display a solid understanding of AWS’s cloud infrastructure, strong technical knowledge, and the ability to exercise sound judgment on complex and time-sensitive matters.
AWS Trust & Safety (T&S) is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Trust and Safety Manager to join our team based in Cape Town, South Africa.
This role is supporting cloud computing customers of Amazon, so the individual will have to demonstrate a technology affinity to be successful.
As the Trust and Safety Manager you set the vision, direction, and culture of the teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals. You provide individual coaching feedback sessions to both individual contributors as well as managers. You maintain singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as the leadership point of contact for escalated contact resolutions. You manage the day-to-day operations for the team and are responsible for overall productivity, quality, and delivery of business services. You dive into technical details, ask the right questions, and drive the right customer support outcomes. You know when a situation is complex or risky enough that it requires further evaluation from a subject matter experts within the organization.
Key job responsibilities
Overall responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Leading and developing a team of 6 Team Managers and 45-50 associates; responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the team.
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AWS policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Owning and driving performance metrics with the team, to include the use of a Quality Assurance program to “Move the needle”
- Solving complex customer service issues and proactively heading off negative service trends.
- Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The CS Manager will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations
- 4+ years relevant experience managing 20-25 customer service associates
- Direct experience in a fast paced Customer Contact Center or IT Help Desk environment (preferably within a Trust & Safety organization) working within trouble ticketing/tracking systems and complex billing systems
- Familiarity with Web Technologies and the Internet (preferably website hosting or building)
- Solid knowledge of security concepts (vulnerabilities, firewalls, common security issues)
- Ability to learn new technologies and stay current with related field information
- Demonstrated history of improving customer experience / contact interaction
- Strong oral (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible in shift assignments and work areas.
- Able to work in an ambiguous, internet-speed environment.
- Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience with every contact.
- Strong Analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- High School Diploma is a minimum requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree. In lieu of a degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
- Project Management certification
- Exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
- Demonstrated history delivering results in cross functional environments – ability to drive organizational change using sound reasoning backed up by relevant data in a well prepared business briefing
- Experience managing other managers
- Experience in being a mentor
- Experience with technical writing
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.