We are looking for a leader inside the Control Plane Workflow organization, within EC2. You will be responsible for managing a team that drive the development and operation of core EC2 control-plane infrastructure that launches hundreds of thousands of EC2 instances every day and manages millions of resources. This is a high-performing team which contributes to a wide range of projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will become part of an industry-leading engineering team solving challenging problems at massive scale.
The position demands excellent technical skills and knowledge coupled with strong leadership, planning, writing, and management abilities.
Key responsibilities: – Translation of complex business and customer requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive strategy for our product line.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Evolution of the software engineering practice within the team, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology
- Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- 5-10 years experience in Software development and 2-5 years as Development Manager
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with a programming language such as Java, C# or C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving abilities.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.