Eastern Cape Government Bursaries 2023: Are you looking for Eastern Cape Provincial Government Bursaries in South Africa 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the various available Eastern Cape Provincial Government Bursaries 2023, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Eastern Cape Government bursaries in South Africa 2023.
Eastern Cape Provincial Government Bursaries for 2023
The Eastern Cape’s capital is Bhisho with the province’s largest cities being Gqueberha and East London. The province was formed in 1994 out of Bantustans (Xhosa homelands) along with the eastern part of the Cape Province. Eastern Cape’s center consists of many indigenous Xhosa people who were history’s first ‘residents’ of the province
Raymond Mhlaba was the first premier of the province, and the current premier is Oscar Mabuyane, both being members of the ANC (African National Congress.) Parliament and all congress relating to the province are conducted at the capital, Bisho, with the High Court located in Grahamstown.
The province holds a lot of fertile land for the country, and thus, relies on the importance of agriculture. The Eastern Cape has grounds for rich fruit orchards, sheep farming in the Karoo, dairy products, coffee, tea, and chicory. Owing to the province’s dependence heavily on agriculture and farming, many residents of the Eastern Cape are dependant on maize, cattle, and sorghum production. The province is also slowly benefiting financially from game farming and eco-tourism.
If you are a resident of the Eastern Cape province, here are some Government bursaries you could apply for:
- Alfred Nzo District Municipality Bursary
- Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary
- Chris Hani District Municipality Bursary
- Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) Bursary
- Dept of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (EC) Bursary
- Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform (DRDAR) Bursary
- East London Industrial Development Zone (ELIDZ) Bursary
- Eastern Cape Department of Health Bursary
- Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure Bursary
- Eastern Cape Department of Transport Bursary
- Engcobo Local Municipality Bursary
- FASSET Bursary