Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship 2023 – Are you looking for Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship 2023. Canon Collins Trust invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 4 October 2022
Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship 2023
The Canon Collins Trust has been running scholarship programmes since 1981, for students from southern African countries. The Trust has supported over 4 000 scholars, from 14 countries and today the Trust offers undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for study in South Africa, the UK, Ireland and Malawi.
Joel Joffe was the lawyer who defended Nelson Mandela in the 1963/ 1964 Rivonia Trial, playing a major role in the countries struggle for democracy. The scholarship was started in memory of Joel Joffe, by the Joffe Charitable Trust.
What Does Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship Cover?
The Canon Collins Trust is inviting students to apply for the Joel Joffe Scholarship, for the 2023 academic year. The scholarship covers studies towards an LLB qualification, at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape – students must be in their 3rd year of study and entering their final year of study in 2023 to apply.
The Trust will select 4 to 5 students to receive the bursary, which will provide funding to the value of R40 000 each, towards the last year of your LLB studies.
Once students have graduated, they will take part in a paid internship position (for 5 months) at Equal Education Law Centre or Legal Resources Centre. Students will also have the opportunity to increase their academic and leadership skills via organised events.
Scholars will be selected based on 5 main criteria:
- Academic record – candidates must have a strong academic record for their years of study completed.
- References – candidates must provide references who can attest to their studies.
- Working experience – candidates with paid or voluntary work experience in the field of study will receive preference.
- Leadership qualities – candidates will be required to prove how their leadership skills have developed in the workplace, in their studies or personal life.
- Commitment to your community and country – candidates who show a strong interest in positively contributing to the prosperity of their community or to South Africa, will receive preference.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview in November 2022, and thereafter all applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application.
Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a national of South Africa
- You must reside in South Africa
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate LLB qualification, at the University of the Western Cape (UWC) or the University of Fort Hare (UFH)
- You must be currently in your 3rd year of full-time or part-time study study (distance learning will also be considered)
- You must be entering your 4th year of study in 2022
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be involved in extra-curricular activities
How to Apply for Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship
Applications must be submitted online at: Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship Application
Students must download and read the Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship Guidelines (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document, Birth Certificate, Passport or Driver’s License (certified copy)
- Degree certificates, if available (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (certified copy)
- Letter of reference (the letter should relate to your application for this scholarship, and should outline your strengths, your capacity to study at the level required, and your potential future impact)
Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for the Canon Collins Trust Joel Joffe Scholarship is 4 October 2022 (at 17:00). Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Canon Collins directly:
Contact people & Tel: Eva (+44 7748 722 482) / Nia (+44 7407 412 541)
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this bursary has already closed.