Brand South Africa Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Brand South Africa Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Brand South Africa Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Brand South Africa Bursary 2023. Brand South Africa invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: November 24, 2022
Brand South Africa Bursary 2023
Established in 2002, Brand South Africa is an organisation that aims to build South Africa’s reputation and contribute to the country’s global competitiveness. The organisation is committed to marketing South Africa, by way of the Brand South Africa campaign, with the goal of encouraging trade and tourism of the country.
Brand South Africa’s values include integrity, diversity, innovation, cooperation and Ubuntu, and they aim to inspire and instill pride and patriotism in South Africans and drive active citizenship.
Brand South Africa Bursary Eligible Fields
Brand South Africa is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Accounting Science (BCom) (Department: Finance)
- Computer Science (BSc) (Department: Information Technology)
- Human Resources (BCom) (Department: Human Resources)
- Law (BCom) (Department: Legal)
- Marketing (BCom) (Department: Marketing)
- Multimedia (BIS) (Department: Marketing)
- Public or International Relations (BCom) (Department: Stakeholder Relations)
- Social or Political Science (BCom) (Department: Research)
- Supply Chain (BCom) (Department: Finance)
Brand South Africa will be awarding 1 bursary for each of the above fields, except for BSc Computer Science, for which 2 bursaries will be awarded.
What Does Brand South Africa Bursary Cover?
The bursary will provide cover for the cost of tuition fees and textbooks. The bursary will NOT provide cover for accommodation (in residency, boarding or private renting).
The bursary will cover 1 academic year of study (1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023), however students are encouraged to reapply for funding each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Brand South Africa Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric, in 2021
- You must intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to dependents of Brand South Africa’s employees, however all students outside of Brand South Africa may apply
How to Apply for Brand South Africa Bursary
Students who meet all of the above criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 Final Report
- Matric Statement of Results (to be submitted by shortlisted candidates, as soon as received)
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of acceptance at university (on institutions letterhead)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Recruitment@brandsouthafrica.com
(Applicants must indicate their field of study and the relevant department, in the email subject line, eg: “Marketing – BCOM Marketing”).
Brand South Africa Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for Brand South Africa Bursary is 24 November 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Brand South Africa directly:
Contact People: Lesedi Khalo / Lwandile Gumbi
Tel: 011 483 0122
Please do NOT contact Brand South Africa if this bursary has already closed.