Bowmans Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for Bowmans Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the Bowmans Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for Bowmans Bursary 2023. Bowmans invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: September 30, 2022
Bowmans Bursary 2023
Bowmans (previously known as Bowman Gilfillan) is a corporate law firm, in fact it is one of South Africa’s “Big Five law firms”. The company wad formed in 1998 as the result of a merger between 3 law firms, namely Bowman Gilfillan Hayman Godfrey; John & Kernick and Findlay & Tait.
The firm employs in excess of 400 specialised lawyers, and over 550 staff members. Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, the firm also has offices in 4 countries across Africa (namely South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda).
Bowmans provide specialist legal services over a range of dispute resolution, commercial and corporate law, and finance and banking law. Services are provided in the following sectors: Construction; Mining; Infrastructure; Industrial; Ports, Transport and Logistics; Hotels and Leisure; Technology, Media and Telecommunications; Financial Institutions; Consumers Goods; Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare.
Bowmans Bursary Eligible Fields
Bowmans is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards Law qualifications.
Each year, the company invites Matriculants with excellent results who intend on studying Law, as well as high achieving students currently studying Law, to apply for the bursary programme.
What Does Bowmans Bursary Cover?
This is a full cost bursary, which will cover all study related expenses.
Bursary recipients will be selected based on 2 main criteria: academic merit and financial need.
Bowmans Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Law qualification
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for your current year of study
- You must have an excellent academic performance
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be passionate about Law
- You must be a team player
- Preference will be given to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds
How to Apply for Bowmans Bursary
Applications must be submitted online through: Bowmans Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full university transcript, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed: certified copies, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or SASSA grant, if applicable)
Bowmans Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for Bowmans Bursary is 30 September 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Bowmans directly:
Contact page: https://www.bowmanslaw.com/country/south-africa/
Please do NOT contact Bowmans if this bursary has already closed.