ASSET Bursary 2023 – Are you looking for ASSET Bursary online application 2023? In this article, I will provide you with details on the ASSET Bursary, how to submit your application online and other related information.
Application is currently open for ASSET Bursary 2023. Association for Educational Transformation (ASSET) invites qualifying South African students to apply for its Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
- Closing Date: 30 September 2022
- Location: Western Cape
ASSET Bursary 2023
Bursaries are awarded each year, for studies towards a first Undergraduate qualification (degree, diploma or higher certificate) in ANY field of study, within the Western Cape.
ASSET bursaries are awarded from the ASSET Educational Trust (AET), as well as from other individuals, trusts and organisations who wish to support tertiary students in the Western Cape. These bursaries aim to provide financial assistance to Western Cape students who are deserving in terms of merit and need.
The partial bursary will provide cover for a portion of registration fees, tuition fees and books – the amount is variable and will be paid directly to the institution. Students are encouraged to apply for other loans or bursaries to cover the balance of their fees.
Bursaries will support students for the entire duration of their undergraduate studies, on condition that they maintain good grades. Students must reapply for funding each year.
ASSET bursaries are not repayable, but bursary recipients should join the ASSET Alumni Association, assist in the office when applicable and give back after graduation.
Bursaries will be awarded based on academic merit and financial need. The most important criteria is the means test – a test used to determination eligibility for government financial assistance, based on family income.
Successful candidates will be notified by no later than 28 February 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ASSET Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards a first undergraduate qualification, in 2023
- You must meet the criteria for your selected field of study
- You must be studying or intend on studying one of these institutions within the Western Cape: University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape, University of Stellenbosch or Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- You must pass the means test and fall within the “Missing Middle” (have a total monthly income of less than R18 000 for a family with 2 children – this can increase by R2000 per child for up to four children, with a combined income of between R350 000 and R600 000 per annum)
- You must NOT have lost NSFAS funding due to poor performance exclusion
- Preference will be given to students from rural areas and/ or informal settlements, whose social background has restricted their access to equal education
- Preference will be given to students who have achieved University entrance, despite attending a school deemed to be ‘dysfunctional’
- Preference will be given to students who have achieved above average results, in subjects related to their course of study
- Preference will be given to students who have an excellent attendance record and have been committed to the ASSET Learner Development Programme (Saturday School)
How to apply for ASSET Bursary 2023
Download and complete the relevant application form:
New or first-time applicants: ASSET Bursary Application Form (New Applicants) (.pdf)
Existing bursary holders: ASSET Bursary Application Form (Renewal) (.pdf)
ASSET Bursary 2023 Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of applications for ASSET Bursary is 30 September 2022. Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.